Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Numero Uno

So I'm way behind on this blogging thing...sorry Cam!

I guess I'll start with people:

Ron and Carinne: Husband and Wife; Directors of the Sacramento Ballet.  Ron's really nice and is trying to make sure I don't hurt myself more/again.  Carinne runs most rehearsals and is amazing at cleaning pieces--she notices everything.  She kind of reminds me of Alicia and Diane combined.
Lynlee: Ballet Mistress; she was mentored by Robert Kelly! And used to dance with Sac Ballet.
Alysia: the other Trainee; SUNY Purchase Alum 
Lauryn: Apprentice; she was at Cincinnati Ballet with Charlotte last year.
Katie: Apprentice; she looks kind of like Lizzie.
Kelly: Apprentice
Alex B: Apprentice; his friends nicknamed him "Superqueer."
John: I think he's a full company member.  He trained at Crockett-Deane Ballet so he went to RDA and did IBC  in 2006.  He's really nice and funny and gay.
Alex S.: I don't know him well yet but I think he's a Trainee.  He's the only other eighteen-year-old in the company and seems nice.
Roy: company member from Shanghai.  He's pretty quiet, but contributes to the Asian Invasion of the Sacramento Ballet.
Sunchai: company member from LONG BEACH! He's always the comedic relief in class and rehearsal.
Alex C.: Ron and Carinne's daughter.  She's also a full company member but they really don't give her any special favor.  She's really nice and an absolutely beautiful dancer.  She also trained at Crockett-Deane, so she went to RDA and everything.  She even went to the one at SBB (my first one)!
Rick: Alex B. nicknamed him the BAG (Big Angry Giant). He's from Australia and is super tall with lots of tattoos.  He comes off as disrespectful sometimes but he's a good dancer.  I stand behind him at the barre everyday he's there, which means I can never see myself in the mirror :)
Chloe: full company member; absolutely GORGEOUS dancer with absolutely no diva complex.  She's the sweetest person ever.  She's 22 and her husband (!) comes to the studio to watch rehearsal when he's not at chef school or something.  I think his name's Josiah?
Amanda: also a beautiful company member.  She's hurt right now though so they had to put her understudies in for the next show. I'm fairly certain she and Rick are dating
Chris: full company member.  He showed us his dance to the Golden Girls song today :) He went to Indiana U.  He does the coolest lift thing with Chloe in our next show where she's draped across his back or something and then he rolls to the ground with her.  I still don't get it but it looks really cool.
Rob: full company member.  He reminds me of Angel from Rent.  He's beautiful and super sweet and has the most adorable dog named Paco.  He and Chris are dating.
Ava: full company member who's kind of like Helena; all limbs. She must be almost six foot.  (Sarah, she looks like Paige.)  She also graduated from Indiana U.  She's the only new female company member this year.
Brick: full company member. She's been with the company for 7 years and is fierce!
Isha: another full company member and Asian! She's beautiful.
Richie: another Australian.  He reminds me of Sasha Radetsky with more hyperextended legs and probably a better dancer.  He pronounces "fuck" as "fack" which I find hilarious.
Rex: our resident Englishman.  He's also new this season and is silly and funny and really good.  He's really good friends with Kelly and has red moonboots!
Stephan: another Indiana U graduate.  He's funny and nice but I think one of the older dancers.  He usually partners with Chloe and they look absolutely breathtaking together.  I forgot what I was doing because I was watching them.

I think that's everyone? Anyway, this past week has been kind of frustrating because I still can't really dance; it's only been two weeks since I got my boot off.  I still haven't been en pointe really and I can't jump yet.  I get free physical therapy but I haven't taken any x-rays for 5 weeks I think.  I'm just scared I'm going to break my sesamoid again; if I do that means I have to have surgery to remove the bone fragments because it won't heal next time :(  It's been kind of tempermental; one day it'll be good enough to turn on and the next i can barely grande-plie.  

More tomorrow!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. i <3 you!

    ps. i want to be friends with all these people. make it happen holy ghost.

    soooo....when can i visit? :D
    i need money!! hopefully i'll make bank at bday time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunchai is totally MY generation of RDA...I remember all of us being on a Southwest flight back down to LAX together and I think one of the flight attendents let him make and announcement =) And Roy I danced with the year I was at Nevada Ballet Theatre, I had no idea he was there... send my love to them both. Glad to hear that you're out of your boot. Take it slowly, which I know is the hardest thing ever but you'll thank yourself later and you'll build your strength back up in a more dependable way. Go get 'em! =)

    ReplyDelete